Freedom

When we talk about freedoms, and what freedoms Americans seek, mostly we turn toward our United States’ Constitution to discuss freedom of speech and freedom of religion which both are guaranteed to us in our first amendment to our Constitution of the United States, also known as part of our Bill of Rights, wherein the Constitution guarantees that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Other freedoms I seek include:

1.       Freedom from want, and

2.       Freedom from fear.

When I think about freedom from want, I think about what I do not want.  For example, I do not want Big Government Involvement in every aspect of my life such as matters of religion or education or sex.  I do not want government telling me about all the taxes government wants to tax me with so I can have free medicine or free housing.  I do not want government to take away my right to earn a living in a capitalist way and I do not want government to take away my right to leave a legacy in America and for my children and my right to not become dependent upon a government that promises to charge more taxes so the government can give me promised free things.  Whenever you hear the word free spoken in terms of what new free something the government is promising, believe me free government anything will cost you dearly in terms of loss of a capitalist way of life or loss of property through property redistribution.  Think first about the right of eminent domain!  Our government already has the right to confiscate (seize) property at both the state and federal levels under title 18 U.S.C. § 983 which reads in part General rules for civil forfeiture proceedings

The above referenced subsection states any person can be subject to a nonjudicial civil forfeiture proceeding and no notice is required if the government files a civil judicial forfeiture action against a specific property.

Just to name a few, have a look at this list of Executive Orders already in place that – the majority of which – allows our government to take away property.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995:  allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997:  allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998:  allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999:  allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000:  allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001:  allows the government to take over all health, education, and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002:  designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003:  allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004:  allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005:  allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

It might come as little or no surprise that all of these Executive Orders were signed into effect by a Democrat!  What I find somewhat surprising is that John Fitzgerald Kennedy signed these executive orders and they were all signed on the same day; February 16th, 1962.  Though, I guess I should not be too surprised as during September 1961 John Fitzgerald Kennedy signed into law Document 7277 The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World.

What I do want is a media which will not manipulate the truth to politicize a popular topic.  I also want an ability to make a responsible adult decision once again as to whether or not I must wear a mask to protect myself and others from spreading a disease.  People know the meaning of social distancing and I find it unprecedented that a governing body should have to advise a group of people how to wash their hands and not sneeze on people or otherwise spread germs.  My grandmother taught me how to wipe my runny nose over 60 years ago.

What about recent allegations that Democratic leaders do not actively support their own scare rules with regard to the COVID disease?  Specific leaders of which I speak include California’s Governor Gavin Newsome, Chicago’s Mayor Lori Lightfoot, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo!  Cuomo’s handling of the COVID disease is under constant criticism as Cuomo congratulates himself for his fight against the COVID disease while others vehemently declare Cuomo’s intentional admission of those more likely to contract COVID into medical facilities and elderly homes in which they have indeed contracted COVID and later died with complications of the COVID disease.

What I want is for our great nation to get back to work and get back to school and feel free to get back to life as was somewhat normal for us just one short year ago.

I am absolutely fed up with the amount of fear that has always been spread about COVID 19 and as if we have not had enough fear introduced into our lives last week on FOX and Friends during an OpEd a new strain of COVID was announced and one of the very first questions was is this a more deadly strain? Do not fall prey to scare tactics!

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. GAL 5:1 KJV.  It matters not from whence bondage comes.  It only matters that daily we keep vigilant our fight against bondage.  Thank you for listening, Semper Fi, and GOD Bless!

 

Comments